Welcome to the Art Team Go character design forum.
1) To start, copy the template to your desktop to use when designing your characters. (to do this, click on the image to view full size.... then drag to desktop) This template is in 300dpi res. To draw, I recommend using a range of 3-5 size paintbrush in photoshop.
You also might like to include your own logo into the bottom left hand corner.
2) In the coming weeks, I will be posting an assignment based on feedback from all the participants. You will have up to 2 weeks to post your submission which can range from concept sketches, a character illustration, to full color character turnarounds.
3) Once all our designs are posted, you will have the opportunity to give and receive feedback from all participating artists. I recommend everyone say something about everyone's work (from a simple exclamation to a full analysis). This will help everyone to improve their designs and understanding of design. (however, please be sensitive, thanks)
4) In addition, I will try to post other helpful design tools, links and literature. I have access to some "how to" materials regarding the Venture Brothers, the Simpsons, and Futurama, which might be handy if we choose to challenge ourselves in those styles.
5) If you have helpful materials or know of links you would like to share and wish to have contributing privileges on this blog, I would be happy to set that up for you.
1) From a list of genres, we choose one every other week
(i.e. Sci-fi, Superhero, Fantasy, Detective/hard boiled, etc...)
2) From a list of characters, we choose one or more.
(i.e. robot, Tiger villain, Scottish warrior, Killer dame, etc...)
3) create concept sketches for possible review. (if you would like help narrowing down to one character, you may post your concept sketches for comments)
4) Ideally, on a template, create a 3/4 front and 3/4 back. (color optional)
...we can choose an established style to work in, like "samurai jack" or "simpsons" or "Justice League" or "superjail" ... whatever we vote/agree/decide on.
...hands, expression and mouth charts
Recruiters want to see...
1) Creativity and an original style
2) The ability to adapt to other styles
3) Character turnarounds!!!
(if you know someone you would like to invite to participate, please forward and have them contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.)
ART TEAM is a GO!!!